Are you looking to improve your health? One of the easiest ways to do this is to drink lemon water first thing in the morning. Lemons have various health benefits and have traditionally been used for their therapeutic properties. Below are seven of the best reasons to drink lemon water…
1) Aids Digestion. Lemon juice flushes out the toxins from within the body. It encourages the liver to produce bile, a prerequisite for digestion. Lemons are high in minerals and vitamins that can loosen ama within the digestive tract. This relieves indigestion, heartburn, bloating and belching.
2) Clears Your Skin. Rich in Vitamin C, lemons also contain plenty of antioxidants that can decrease wrinkles and combat free radical damage. As it is alkaline, it can kill various types of bacteria that cause acne and can even reduce the appearance of age spots or scars.
3) Feel Energised and Enhance Moods. Lemons contain negative charged ions and these provide the body with more energy throughout the digestive tract. As humans we receive energy from food through atoms and molecules in the food we consume. Reactions occur when negatively charged ions enter the digestive tract and mingle with positive charged ions (from food). It’s therefore important to have a balance of these properties if we wish to remain healthy. Lemon scent also has energizing and mood enhancing properties, helping to clear your mind and brighten moods.
4) Boosts your Immune System. The Vitamin C in lemons is fantastic for fighting colds and the potassium can stimulate the brain and nerve function in the process. The ascorbic acid in lemons has anti-inflammatory effects and can be used to enhance the absorption of iron within the body. Along with playing an integral role in immune function, lemons contain saponins that have antimicrobial properties and these help to keep colds and flu away. Lemons can also help to reduce the amount of phlegm that the body produces.
5) Weight Loss. Drinking warm lemon water can help you to fight cravings. Lemon contains pectin and this makes you feel fuller for longer. Studies have also shown that people who have an alkaline diet are more likely to lose weight faster.
6) Hydrates The Lymphatic System. The lymphatic system forms part of the circulatory system and is a vital part of the immune system. It consists of lymphatic vessels that carry a clear fluid known as lymph that is directed towards the heart. Warm lemon water is hydrating and can replace any lost fluids within the body.
7) Promotes Healing. Vitamin C can be found in abundance within lemons and is known to promote healing. The Vitamin C is an essential nutrient that can help to maintain healthy bones, cartilage and connective tissues. Vitamin C also has anti-inflammatory properties and is an essential nutrient for protecting the body against stress and injury.
When you drink warm lemon water on a daily basis you can start to improve your health and gain many of these benefits. Simply take a glass and fill it with warm water, topping with the lemon slices. Drink slowly and allow the body to digest the lemon water for best results.
If you want to improve your Vitamin C intake, take Liposomal Altrient C as there is no better way to orally supplement this vitamin. It has a bioavailability of 98% along with various other healthy skin benefits.
YOU DON’T SQUEEZE THE JUICE OUT FIRST?
Either or is fine. The lemon slices will still be infused into the water either way.