Health News (Week 34 – 2019)
By Robert Redfern
Long-time readers will know that I follow the studies that show, that in the majority of cases, wrong lifestyle is the cause of disease and other old-age health problems, and, it is not the lack of pharmaceutical drugs in your diet.
I have met many hundreds of doctors in my travels and not one of them has ever contradicted my statement above. Many even tell me that patients demand drugs and some even threaten to complain if the doctor does not give them more drugs. So, it’s no surprise to read this newspaper article today:
The Telegraph 22 Aug 2019
Two Million pensioners are taking at least seven types of prescription drugs – putting them at risk of potentially lethal side-effects, a major report warns.
Age UK said the rise of “polypharmacy” was putting lives at risk, with three quarters likely to suffer adverse reactions to at least one of their drugs.
The research found that the number of emergency hospital admissions linked to such side-effects has risen by 53 per cent in seven years, with some cases proving fatal.
Ministers have ordered a review of over-prescribing, amid warnings that the drugs bill has risen from £13 billion to more than £18 billion in seven years.
The charity warned that one in five people over retirement age – 1.97 million pensioners in total- are on at least seven types of drug.
And one quarter of those over the age of 85 are on at least eight different treatments, the research shows.
Experts said GPs were doling out too many drugs because they were too busy to properly consider complex health problems, and the risk of side-effects, and interactions between different drugs.
Caroline Abrahams, charity director at Age UK, said: “We are incredibly fortunate to live at a time when there are so many effective drugs available to treat older people’s health conditions, but it’s a big potential problem if singly or in combination these drugs produce side effects that ultimately do an older person more harm than good.”
The charity said all older people taking long-term medicines should be subject to medicine reviews, to ensure they were not on too many drugs, with “zero tolerance of inappropriate polypharmacy”.
The above articlee is from the UK but it is exactly the same or even worse in many ‘Western’ countries. Since I correspond with people from many countries, they tell me this is creeping into all countries around the world.
The Pharma/Medical Mafia (as I call them) are happy to terrorise the media and the population and present themselves as the saviour when they are really part of the problem. If you notice, the media article above does not even mention lifestyle changes in its headlines to get off the drugs.
I am keeping this short and sweet this week.
There is a lot of background I can add to this but I think most people will get my point from the above. I will provide some links to previous articlees for those who want to read much more so they can gather the evidence for changing to a healthier lifestyle to get off the drugs.
This is ‘My Lifestyle’ that makes me feel 33 rather than 73. I guarantee in 12 months your life will change for the better.
Everything is detailed in all of my books, but simply it is:
- Ageing – At any age, our body and immune system need more loving tender care to keep it strong, and the most significant threat is sugar.
- Sugar – Cut out any sugar by cutting out bread, cookies, biscuits, breakfast cereals, rice, potatoes, parsnips, and high sugar fruits.
- Grains and Cereals – Leave them out.
- Lack of Exercise – Walking 3-5 miles every day or the equivalent mix of walking and exercise is essential to oxygenating your body and brain. Oxygen is critical for a healthy body and brain. Sedentary people who consume a high sugar diet are at greater risk of lower limb amputation. We cannot live for more than a few minutes without oxygen, and it is almost impossible to breathe efficiently in a sitting position. Laying down is better than sitting. Walking is the best.
- Lack of Critical Minerals – Minerals are disappearing from the over-farmed food and these are essential for the body and immune system to work effectively. Magnesium, ActiveLife and Selenium + Iodine are critical minerals, and others are essential to support a healthy immune system. If you also have an existing health problem then download my books and follow the plan.
- Drinking Water – Almost everyone is not drinking the correct amount of water. Your blood will become unhealthy without this critical nutrient, and you cannot live for more than 7 days without water. Drink 6 x 500ml glasses of water with a 1/3rd teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in each glass with a little lemon juice to taste.
- Real Foods – Real foods are vegetables, dark-skinned fruits, seeds, fats from oily fish, and, other seafoods (non-farmed).
Taking supplements only supports the healthy lifestyle above. They are not a substitute. I take many supplements (too many my wife says) as well as the essentials in number 5 above. Consider these as your pocket allows:
CurcuminX4000, The Krill Miracle, UB8Q10, and of course SerraEnzyme
More Reading On This Important Topic:
Stop Taking Aspirin To Prevent Heart Disease — It Doesn’t Work
Aspirin is the world’s most common just-in-case pill that is supposed to help prevent heart disease—but unless you’ve already suffered a heart attack, it’s not going to have any benefit, new research has discovered.
Doctor’s Orders: Stop Sugar, Stop Statins
Over the past 12 months I have sent out three newsletters advising that statins do not work to extend life and quoted studies to support this.
Still Taking Statins?
Are You Still Taking Statins? Why? Do you or someone you love still take statins because you have been told they will help to save your life?
More On Statins
As expected I had a tremendous mail bag from last week’s newsletter on such an obviously important topic. The emails ranged from anger to puzzlement and also gratitude…