Health News (03 – 2016)
By Robert Redfern
Last week’s newsletter stirred up a hornet’s nest of vile, trolling from Bowie Trolls and Pharma Trolls (because I mentioned cancer). In 30 years of health writing and the last 15 years on the web it was my first experience of ‘trolls’.
It was also balanced out with messages of support but to be clear any feedback is just that: feedback. Feedback does not make me feel good or bad but I need appropriate feedback so I can adjust my messages to serve you the readers better. While I believe in what I do, I am always prepared to review the information in the light of new findings and feedback.
You Can be Heroes!
My goal is not to be your Guru but your information service. You are the person who has to make heroic changes to your lifestyle and to go against the indoctrination of the evil empire of big Pharma/Medical Mafia (PMM). I am in no doubt how difficult this is. I am as usual listening to the early morning BBC Radio News programme whilst I am writing this newsletter and its biased view, especially with PMM is very concerning. At the behest of the PMM they even removed all articles from their websites about natural health and homeopathy. When the largest news organisation in the world is a mouthpiece for the PMM you can be excused for any doubts you may have. It has always been my contention that you have to take responsibility away from the PMM and become your own ‘Health Hero‘.
To help you make those changes I created ‘Good Health Coaching’ so that professional health coaches will always be there to support your ‘heroic efforts’ to get healthy. I have deliberately made it free for two reasons: to get as many people to use the service and then to monitor this group to evaluate how successful the coaching can be. At present over 90% stay on their health plan and over 70% are happy with the results.
The 21st Century epidemic in modern life is fatigue. Most people when questioned are reporting that fatigue is still a problem even when they are relatively healthy. My contention is that only a really healthy lifestyle can deliver perfect relaxation and energy. I only have to eat a few unhealthy meals (yes I do occasionally) for me to start feeling fatigue.
The problem comes that when you feel stressed and fatigued you find it more difficult to eat well, exercise, enjoy your work and have good relationships.
Being a very dedicated 16 hours per day person has brought about adrenal fatigue. I have personally used two plant extracts (Ashwagandha and Rhodiola) to successfully help balance Adrenal fatigue. I have brought these two ingredients together into a formulation and named it ‘RealFocus’ because that is what it helps me to do – to stay focused.
RealFocus – What is so special about this?
- RealFocus contains KSM-66 Ashwagandha extract, produced by Ixoreal Biomed who is the industry leader in Ashwagandha efficacy research and clinical trials.
- All Ixoreal-partnered studies are double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled, and published in respected journals.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha is the highest-concentration extract available for sale around the world, purely extracted from only the roots of the Ashwagandha plant.
- KSM-66 Ashwagandha has 11 completed clinical studies and 8 more ongoing with proven benefits to reduce stress, cortisol levels, and stress-related food cravings; improve memory and cognition; improve sexual function; and naturally improve testosterone levels, muscle strength, muscle size, and muscle recovery in men. (See studies at the end of this newsletter).
- Men, women, and children can all benefit from KSM-66 Ashwagandha’s protective properties to promote balance in the body.
RealFocus also contains
- Rhodiola Rosea, known for its potent anti-stress, anti-depression, and anti-aging benefits.
- Rhodiola has long been called the “depression herb” in Russia for this reason, popularly given to aging political leaders to reduce fatigue and increase mental sharpness.
- Like Ashwagandha, Rhodiola is also an adaptogen that helps the body to self-balance and buffer stress.
- Rhodiola can be taken as a daily supplement to improve physical and mental performance, with the potential to naturally relieve depression by increasing serotonin levels in the brain.
- RealFocus also contains the amino acid L-theanine, commonly found in green tea and known to keep the body relaxed but alert.
You can see the enormous benefits I get from this, especially since I am 70 in a couple of days and as I enter my 71st year I plan to keep on working my 16 hour days standing at my computer.
I also use RelaxWell occasionally when I have a ‘ridiculous workload’ to help calm me down, to relax and to help stay asleep.
Of course at my age I also take the Active Life Capsule Formula every day as this is the most complete MultiVitamin formula as well as the most absorbable. Everyone at any age will benefit from a complete MultiVit formula but over 65 is when this starts to become critical..
There is no doubt that stress and fatigue has to be overcome to make big changes to any lifestyle and as well as a really healthy diet these are the tools I successfully use to power ahead to reach my goal of real healthcare for everyone. Help is always available from the health coaches.
- Anxiety- and Stress-Relief: A study published in the “Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine” shows that KSM-66 achieves a highly significant reduction in stress and anxiety, and serum cortisol levels (27.9% reduction).
- Cognition and Memory: This study showed a statistically significant improvement in key components of Wechsler Memory Scale, executive function and attention using KSM-66.
- Energy and Stamina: This study evaluated improvement induced by an exercise regimen in healthy athletes with and without KSM-66 supplementation. Athletes taking KSM-66 showed substantially higher improvement in cardio respiratory endurance (VO2max) and self-assessed scores on the WHO Quality of Life Questionnaire.
- Sexual Function and Testosterone Levels in Men: This study published in “Evidence-Based Complimentary and Alternative Medicine” showed that KSM-66 yielded significant increase in semen volume, sperm concentration and motility, serum LH and testosterone.
- Stress, Weight-Management and General Well-Being: Subjects taking KSM-66 for 60 days were seen to have lower stress scale responses, cortisol levels and BMI, and improved score on the Oxford Happiness Scale.
- Muscle Strength, Muscle Size, Muscle Recovery and Testosterone: KSM-66 was found to be effective in healthy athletic adults in improving maximum resistance load, muscle recovery and key hormone levels.
- Female Sexual Function: This study showed improvements in female sexual health as measured by some metrics commonly employed by gynaecologists to assess desire, arousal, lubrication, satisfaction and orgasm.