The importance of homocysteine as a marker for overall health and wellbeing is now very well established, which makes it highly negligent that your doctors do not to offer to test your level, at least every 5 years.
There are an increasing number of studies, which show that homocysteine levels in your blood can predict risk of potential health problems. Raised blood homocysteine levels can reliably indicate the development of:
- Heart Disease
- Female fertility and miscarriages
- Strokes (in older people even better than any usual measure of risk including cholesterol, blood pressure or smoking)
- Memory decline, poor concentration, impaired judgment and lowered mood
The good news it is that raised homocysteine levels can usually be brought back to normal levels by simple dietary changes and / or supplementation with B vitamins. Quite easily.
It is essential that you get your homocysteine level tested, to identify any nutritional requirements and then to monitor dietary changes, to ensure that acceptable homocysteine levels are reached.
Repeating tests every year is worthwhile, to reach your target.
Having a test every 5 years is fine, once you hit your target of ‘6’, if you stick to your plan. How do I achieve the perfect 6? There are two ways:
- 1. Eat a really healthy foods diet and take Prescript Biotics. Probiotics are a critical part of B Vitamin metabolism.See the diet plan here.
- 2. Or the efficient, fast way is sublingual B4Health Spray. This ensures all of the vitamins are absorbed under the tongue (rather than wasted in the intestines as with B vitamin tablets). This is as good as it gets in helping to keep homocysteine at bay.
There are a few people who may need regular injections of B12 as they get older. B4Health will resolve this need and stabilise energy levels.