Why looking after the health of your gums is vital for protecting the health of your heart
Properly cleaning your teeth could actually save your life – not to mention the lives of your family. Dental hygiene is an important habit to establish at a young age to support heart health early in life.
DISEASED GUMS OPEN THE DOOR TO INFECTION
In medical and dental communities, it is common knowledge that heart attacks are often caused by infection in the heart muscles that enters through diseased gums. Unfortunately, this ‘common’ medical knowledge isn’t as well understood by the rest of the world. Diseased gums open the door to infection in the bloodstream. Infection can run rampant if the body is already inflamed and vulnerable.
KEEP GUMS HEALTHY TO KEEP INFECTION OUT
First of all, in order to improve your gum health and calm inflammation you should cut out carbs and sugary foods and drinks. You should also deep clean with a spiral toothbrush, mouthwash and natural toothpaste every time you brush – toothpaste made without preservatives, fluoride, artificial flavours and sodium laurel sulfate is highly recommended.
Organic coconut oil is another natural remedy that can kill the opportunistic bacteria that cause gum disease. Rub it directly on the gums to improve gum health for the whole family. As an added bonus, organic coconut oil has been proven to support brain health!
HERE ARE FIVE SPECIFIC WAYS TO BOOST GUM HEALTH AND FIGHT OFF INFECTION:
- Make changes to your diet. This means eliminating high-sugar, high-carb foods and drinks.
- Commit to better oral hygiene.
- Encourage each member of your family to use a spiral brush with mouthwash and natural toothpaste whenever they brush.
- Rub organic coconut oil directly on the gums for all members of the family.
- Mix a probiotic capsule into your food. This will populate the gums with beneficial bacteria that keep harmful bacteria in check.
- Calm inflammation with the enzyme Serrapeptase. Taking the Serrapeptase enzyme can accelerate healing and reduce inflammation that leaves the body (and heart) vulnerable to infection.
- Healthy teeth and gums are not only beautiful to look at, they are the cornerstone of long-term heart health. Give your family the gift of a lifetime by teaching good dental hygiene to keep harmful infection out.
DID YOU KNOW?
New research supports that artery blockages, particularly in the carotid artery, may be the result of the same type of infection spread from the gums.
In most cases infection shouldn’t pose much harm to an already healthy circulatory system. But many times, infection will thrive when there is existing inflammation in the body – such as in an artery.
Infection plus existing inflammation will accelerate damage in the endothelium lining of an artery. This will soon cause a serious blockage that can affect heart health and quality of life.
Unlike other gums available on the market, Xylitol is all natural and contains less than two calories per piece. It contains no sugar and no artificial sweeteners or ingredients.
CORAL WHITE® TOOTHPASTE
This natural toothpaste is formulated with Eco- SafeTM ionic coral minerals from above the sea. Coral White contains no fluoride, no artificial flavours or colours, no preservatives and no sodium lauryl sulfate.