Cinnamon is one of the most popular spices in the world today but this amazing spice has many healing properties that the modern world simply isn’t aware about. For example, many people are unaware that Cinnamon comes from the dried inner bark of several species of Cinnamomum laurel trees dating back nearly 5,000 years. It’s only recently that Cinnamon has been used almost exclusively for medicinal purposes.
In Biblical terms Moses even used it as an ingredient within his anointing oils. Unfortunately, cinnamon is now more strongly associated with sugary baked goods and confectionary that does nothing to promote good health. There is amazing evidence however to show that Cinnamon has amazing remarkable health benefits that can dramatically improve your life. So why is Cinnamon so beneficial? Check these 7 main reasons below…
- Balances Blood Sugar Levels. Cinnamon can help to improve insulin function and an increased level of peptide that can help to prevent overeating and spikes in blood sugar levels. One study also suggested that supplementing with 500mg of water-soluble Cinnamon extract can regulate blood sugar in people with insulin resistance. 
- Provides Optimal Brain Function. A recent study in Tel Aviv University found that potent extracts from cinnamon bark inhibited the toxic debris that has been found in people with age-related cognitive problems.
- Promotes Easy Weight Loss. Losing weight is an essential part of good health, not only for looking good but also avoiding diseases. Even just being 10 or 20 pounds overweight has been found to be associated with significant health risks. There are also additional risks such as to the heart, brain and joints – all of which research shows can take around 10 years off your life. The problem is that losing weight can become more difficult, especially after the age of 50. Thankfully, cinnamon has the ability to control blood sugar and food cravings, meaning it’s a valuable tool for weight loss. Fat cells within the abdomen are sensitive to high insulin levels and this is why it’s also very effective at storing any excess calories as fat. New evidence is coming to light however showing how Cinnamon may help to mimic insulin in the body and this is highly beneficial for weight loss, especially in the abdomen area.
- Supports Healthy Blood Pressure. Nearly one million people struggle with high blood pressure worldwide and this is an essential risk factor in many diseases. A clinical trial conducted in London showed that people who took 2 grams of cinnamon a day for their blood sugar issues received significant reductions in their mean systolic and diastolic blood pressure readings after 12 weeks.
- Healthy Digestion and a Strong Immune System. It’s estimated that roughly 80% of the immune system is found within the gastrointestinal tract. Keeping your digestive system running is one of the best ways to ensure optimal immune function and peak health. The best way to support digestive health is to ensure the vital and proper absorption of nutrients and elimination of toxins. Anyone who wants to improve their digestive health and keep it running well is highly recommended to take cinnamon for this reason.
- Promotes Healthy Inflammatory Response. Studies have shown that cinnamon can be truly effective as an inflammation fighting tool. A 2005 study showed researchers demonstrating that the compounds found within cinnamon have the ability to promote healthy inflammatory response within the body. This includes the digestive tract and other areas that may be prone to problems associated with high levels of inflammatory markers.
- Supports a Healthy Heart. Taking cinnamon has many benefits for heart and cardiovascular health. Research has shown that Cinnamon has many antioxidant substances that can promote optimal blood vessel health and support for optimal heart function. Cinnamon has also been shown to support balanced cholesterol levels and according to scientists, this is because the free radical fighting properties can have these effects.
The above examples are all exemplary reasons why I highly promote taking Cinnamon for best results with your long term health. Perhaps most importantly, it’s vital that you choose the right kind of cinnamon. Whole and powdered cinnamon will not work to give you the health benefits you desire simply by sprinkling them onto your foods. Most Cinnamon sold in supermarkets is made with Cassia cinnamon which is cheaper to produce but also means you’d have to consume a lot of it to get the same effects as higher quality cinnamon. You’ll feel sick of this spice before it has any health benefits! More worryingly, much of the cinnamon may contain a fat-soluble compound known as coumarin. This is capable of building up in the tissues and causing liver damage amongst other problems, if too much is consumed.
To avoid these issues, it’s essential that you choose a high-quality cinnamon supplement. I highly recommend Cinnamon27™ as it contains Cinnamon derived from Ceylon bark extract. Ceylon Cinnamon is the real deal and contains much fewer coumarin compounds when compared with Cassia Cinnamon. This means you get more of the fantastic health benefits of Cinnamon without any unwanted side effects that some cheap Cinnamon supplements may be serving.
Choose wisely when it comes to your health – Choose a high quality supplement such as Cinnamon27™ and see the results for yourself.
Cinnamon27™ – Designed to support high blood pressure, pre-diabetics and diabetics alike, this Cinnamon supplement has been shown in studies to stimulate insulin receptors and block the enzyme that interrupts them. Available from Good Health Naturally, Cinnamon27™ is a blend of six proven extracts including Cinnamon bark extract, Gymnema Sylvestre extract, Bitter Melon extract, Fenugreek seed extract, Coral Minerals, American Ginseng Root extract and Nopal Cactus (prickly pear) extract.