Dry eyes can be irritating, leaving them feeling gritty or itchy. Redness, swelling and consistent eye rubbing are all side effects of dry eyes that occurs when there is a lack of moisture, resulting in the tear flow system being affected.
The good news is that there are methods to ensure that your eyes stay moisturised and to avoid them becoming dried out. This is especially important during the winter months when many of these symptoms can worsen due to the cold and dry conditions. Below are five of the best ways to prevent dry eyes…
- Remember to blink! This may sound simple but it’s all too easy to forget to blink, especially when you’re sat down and using a computer regularly. When you don’t blink regularly due to being distracted, the eyes can become dry and this can cause all kinds of eye problems. Where possible, try to avoid looking at the computer screen for excessive periods of time too.
- Get Your Omega-3’s. If you want to reduce the risk of developing dry eyes, it’s important to ensure you get Omega-3 fatty acids as these are not only an essential part of a healthy diet, they can keep your eyes well moisturised. Omega-3’s can be derived from flaxseeds, oily fish, dark green leafy vegetables and walnuts amongst other sources. Omega 3’s are best found in Krill Oil as this is a super rich source of Omega 3’s, 6’s and 9’s. The recommended supplement for this is The Krill Miracle™ from Good Health Naturally. Another option is to try the vegertarian alternative of Hemp Seed Oil which is a balance of Omega 3, 6 and 9 oils that can promote normal cell and organ function. Hemp Seed Oil from Good Health Naturally is the suggested product for this purpose.
- Wear Sunglasses. Wearing adequate eye protection is important if you want to shield your eyes from any of the drying effects that the elements can bring. Wearing sunglasses is important not just for style reasons – they are one of the best ways to ensure your eyes stay moisturised and protected from the weather.
- Moisturise with Eye Drops. To ensure your eyes stay lubricated, it’s important to moisturise your eyes with eye drops regularly. Natural products are best as they have relatively few side effects in comparison. One recommendation to help lubricate your eyes is MSM Drops + Silver ™from Good Health Naturally. Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) can help to soften membranes and should be used daily for best results as these can soften and reduce tissue pressure within the eyes. The MSM drops can also protect against free radical damage and increase permeability in the eye tissue.
- Eyelid Massage. Gently massaging your closed eyelids by rolling your little finger in a circular motion can help to increase the blood flow to the area. One suggestion is to try Pinhole Massager Glasses from Good Health Naturally as these can help to relieve sore and tired eyes by massaging the tension away. This acupressure device that is designed to prevent sore eyes, migraines and sinus problems. The pinhole massager glasses can help to relieve eye tension within a few minutes of daily use.
By following the above advice and incorporating this alongside with a healthy diet and lifestyle, you can find relief for many of the symptoms of dry eyes.
Interesting. I’ve found my eyes get dry at night only when I haven’t drunk enough water during the day
Please can you tell me if MSM+silver eye drops would be safe for me to use as I have glaucoma and use dorzolomide eye drops to control this. I have a problem finding an effective solution for my dry eye problem.
Hi L Morrell,
Yes you are safe to use the MSM+Silver Eye drop in addition to your medication.