Herbs have many healing and therapeutic properties and are therefore highly recommended due to their antioxidant capacities. They also have many potential benefits for improving your general health and wellbeing in the long term. Below are a list of herbs and their many healing benefits…
- Turmeric. Due to its active compounds known as curcuminoids, its powerful anti-inflammatory properties can help to ease many painful symptoms associated with arthritis and other conditions. Studies are also suggesting that these curcuminoids could help with preventing colon cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Cooking with turmeric is one suggestion, but a better way to ensure the curcumin is absorbed into the bloodstream is to take a supplement such as CurcuminX4000™ from Good Health Naturally which uses Meriva® (root) Curcuma longa extract for superior absorption. This formulation has an increased antioxidant capacity and may help to ease many health conditions.
- Cinnamon. This could help with lowering blood sugar levels and it may also help with lowering cholesterol levels too, thereby reducing heart disease risk. Taking a cinnamon extract daily is highly recommended to control blood sugar. Highly recommended for this purpose is Cinnamon27™ from Good Health Naturally which contains Cinnamon bark extract. Some of the constitutents that make up cinnamon have been shown in vitro and animal studies to stimulate insulin receptors and block the enzyme that interrupts them.
- Echinacea. This is a popular herb commonly used to fight colds and flu. It can help to support the immune system and reduce many of the symptoms of colds and flu, along with some illnesses, infections and conditions. Echinacea contains a complex mix of active substances that are said to be antimicrobial and can have a positive effect on the immune system. Echinacea is believed to have conflicting studies as to its effectiveness at reducing colds. Scientists from The University of Connecticut School of Pharmacy reviewed a dozen studies into the effects of Echinacea and discovered that it can reduce people’s risk of catching a cold. They also concluded that Echinacea reduces a person’s chances of getting a cold by approximately 58%.
- Ginseng or Panax Quinquefolium can help to relieve and also to prevent mental and also physical fatigue. It has also been known to reduce both the frequency and severity of the colds. It may also benefit erectile dysfunction too. Ginseng root has also been known to help with weakness and exhaustion. One product that contains American Ginseng and is hightly suggested is VisionTone™ by Good Health Naturally – a herbal formula and a tonic that is beneficial for the eyes.
- Calendula is an annual or herbaceous plant that has been traditionally used for relieving inflammation in the mouth, stomach and throat. Calendula is often used topically as a cream or an ointment to relieve irritation and rashes, along with helping the wound healing process. In particular, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) is contained in the herbal formulation known as EyeEase™ from Good Health Naturally which can help with providing powerful relief for various eye conditions such as blepharitis, conjunctivitis and styes.