It’s one of the most powerful medicinal plants in the world and the benefits keep on coming. When it comes to powerful effects, curcumin that’s derived from the Indian spice turmeric is considered highly potent with health boosting properties.
The deep orange-yellow Indian spice that’s grown in India or Pakistan has been used for thousands of years both as a cooking spice and within Ayurvedic and ancient Chinese medicine. The Western World is only just beginning to discover the amazing benefits of this wondrous spice and how it can heal the body from within.
New evidence is being uncovered all the time, suggesting that curcumin’s anti-histamine, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and anti-mutagenic properties are beneficial to health. Not even Big Pharma can disagree with the more than 4000 turmeric related studies and the scientific research suggesting that it’s beneficial for more than 600 health problems.
Curcumin contains anti-cancer compounds that can strengthen the body and this can ease joint pain and digestion, while providing cancer protection. Curcumin consumption has many other benefits such as helping to stop or to reduce the risk of heart disease.
1) Boosts Heart Health. Curcumin can improve the lining of the blood vessels, regulate blood pressure and reduce blood clotting. One study in particular found that curcumin was just as effective at exercise at improving blood flow to the heart. The curcumin can also reduce oxidation or any inflammation within the body.
2) Improves Stomach Cancer and Ulcers. A 2002 study into curcumin found that it inhibits the growth of bacteria that’s linked to development of ulcers that can become cancerous. This indicates that curcumin can offer protection for stomach ulcers and stomach cancer.
3) Fights Chronic Disease and Premature Aging. This can develop due to inflammation in the body and curcumin contains potent antioxidant compounds that can prevent this, killing off free radicals that cause the aging process.
4) Prevent Arthritis and Relieve Joint Pain. Curcumin has been shown in studies to prevent arthritis and relieve joint pain in people who have these diseases. This is because curcumin contains anti-inflammatory compounds that studies have shown to have a positive effect on joint swelling and pain-reduction in rats.
5) Improves Depression. Studies have shown that curcumin can boost certain brain chemicals. Ultimately this means improving or even reversing depression in the process.
6) Improves Alzheimer’s Disease. Curcumin is known for its anti-inflammatory properties that can pass through the blood/brain barrier, unlike other substances. One study from 2006 that looked at 6 subjects diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease who were given curcumin supplements showed improved plaque uptake and ingestion.
7) Could Prevent the Aging Process. Curcumin can improve the uptake of antioxidants into the body, providing relief for oxidative damage. Inflammation and oxidative damage are underlying causes of the ageing process and this involves free radicals that are highly reactive molecules when paired with unpaired electrons. Free radicals react to and damage organic substances such as fatty acids, proteins and DNA. Once this DNA is damaged, the cancer is sure to follow. Antioxidants are important to protect the body against free radicals, killing them off in the process. Curcumin can boost the activity of the body’s antioxidant enzymes, breaking down free radicals as a result.
8) Improves a wide range of inflammatory conditions. Chronic inflammation can be reduced thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of curcumin. Every type of disease you can think of from Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, heart disease, metabolic syndrome and more can be improved.
9) Protection from Cancer. According to research from 2012, various types of cancer can be slowed with curcumin. The research showed cancer progress was slowed down and the development was mediated through a Notch signaling pathway. Research has also shown that the curcumin root can play a protective role in fighting prostate cancer and arresting the metastasis of prostate cancer cells in vivo by stopping the expression of CXCL1 and CXL2 cytokines. This same type of inhibitory process can result in the diminished capacity of metastasis in breast cancer cells.
10) Improves Brain Function. Brain function can be improved by taking curcumin as this gets past the blood and brain barrier to work effectively in the brain. There are relatively few substances in the world that can do this but the brain has a process of forming new connections, multiplying and increasing the number of functioning neurons. One of the main drivers of this process is the Brain Derived Neurotrophic Factor or BDNF. This is a kind of growth hormone that functions in the brain itself.
Many kinds of brain disorders have been linked with decreased levels of this hormone and the curcumin found in turmeric can increase BDNF levels in the brain, delaying or reversing age-related dysfunctions. Increased BDNF levels can improve memory and cognitive function, increasing your smartness.
These are just some of the many benefits of consuming curcumin on a daily basis. For best results, Curcumin should be taken 2-3 times daily. CurcuminX4000™ contains 600mg of the Meriva® (root) Curcuma longa extract. For best results, it’s recommended to take 2-3 capsules daily for best results.
For more information about Curcumin click here. CurcuminX4000™ can be purchased here.