Youthful skin is a desirable trait as it’s often correlated with as being a sign of beauty. To avoid premature aging however it’s highly recommended to be careful about what you put inside the body, along with being mindful about what you are slathering onto the skin.
Making important changes to your diet is one of the best ways to ensure that you are getting enough of the important vitamins and minerals into your diet. These are essential “youthful” vitamins that are healthy for the body. Here are 10 of the most powerful vitamins that can promote younger looking skin…
- Vitamin A. This important vitamin can help to prevent breakouts and dark spots, slow down the signs of ageing while increasing the blood flow to the skin for hydration. It can also decrease sebum production and reduces the damage due to excessive UV exposure. It is commonly found in food sources such as apricots, broccoli, beef liver, butternut squash, carrots and mango.
- Vitamin B2. Also known as Riboflavin, Vitamin B2 can help to relieve dry and itchy skin, keep the skin moisturised and assist in cellular respiration. It’s also known as the “Anti-pellagra” vitamin. It’s found in eggs, yogurt, broccoli, oysters, mushrooms and soy beans.
- Vitamin B3. This is also referred to as Niacin and it can protect against certain skin cancers, manage the symptoms of Rosacea and reduce sebum production to prevent ane formation by 52%. It can also improve the ski barrier to maintain skin hydration. Good sources of Vitamin B3 include Chicken Breast, Eggs, Lean Ground Beef, Tuna, Tomatoes and Potatoes.
- Vitamin B5. Referred to as Panthotenic Acid, Vitamin B5 can deeply moisturise the skin, break down oil that clogs the pores and helps in skin renewal for a younger and fresher look. Vitamin B5 also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to manage itchiness and several skin discomforts. These foods include cheese, eggs, fish, legumes, mushrooms and lean pork.
- Vitamin B6. Pyrixodine can help to treat dry skin, eczema and acne. It can also fight skin blemishes by helping to regulate hormones. Foods rich in Vitamin B6 include bananas, broccoli, white rice, watermelon, chicken breast and spinach.
- Vitamin B7. Known as Biotin, this vitamin can restore skin moisture, relieve itchy skin and help with managing eczema and seborrhea dermatitis. It can also increase the production of fatty acids in the skin to improve hydration.
- Vitamin C. This vitamin can minimise the risk of dry skin, while fighting UV-induced damage. It can also reduce the melanin production to lighten skin. Vitamin C is popularly found in oranges, kiwi, guava, grapefruits, strawberries and red bell peppers.
- Vitamin D3. This important vitamin can aid in skin cell renewal, rejuvenates aging skin and controls the natural protective mechanism of the skin. Foods rich in Vitamin D3 include cod liver oil, egg yolk, cheese, yogurt, fortified milk and salmon.
- Vitamin E. This vital vitamin is excellent for decreasing the roughness of the skin, reducing wrinkles and fine lines, keeping the skin firm and effectively lightening dark spots. Good sources of Vitamin E include avocado, almonds, wheat, sunflower seeds, tofu and shrimp.
- Vitamin K2. This vitamin plays an important role in enhancing skin elasticity, getting rid of dark under-eye circles and smoothing fine eye wrinkles. The foods this vitamin is included in are broccoli, cheese, spinach, meat, eggs and brussel sprouts.
One of the best ways to ensure that you receive a daily dose of the above vitamins is to take a multivitamin and mineral formula for best results. Combining them with the above foods, can help to ensure you are getting enough of each of the above nutrients so as to avoid any kind of deficiency.
Active Life™ Capsules – This multivitamin and mineral formula contains an all-natural source of 130 vitamins, minerals and other nutrients. In this formula, it’s possible to receive essential vitamins, folic acid, 77 trace minerals and elements, electrolytes and 18 amino acids to help replenish storages in the body that are naturally depleted each day. Available from Good Health Naturally, this formula is the ideal solution for anyone looking to ensure they receive a wide range of the above vitamins and minerals for beautiful and youthful looking skin.